- 23 October, 2020
- Posted by: Jane Oluwadare
- Category: Deborah's Court
Pray this way for kings and all who are in authority so that we can live peaceful and quiet lives marked by godliness and dignity.
1 Timothy 2:2 NLT
Paul just wanted peace and quiet – yet trouble was stirred up nearly everywhere he went.
1. People will react to the truth that you carry in different ways. That’s on them, not you. Your own is to show up your best self, true to your values, true to the Kingdom.
2. Truth – especially new knowledge – makes people uncomfortable. Stick to it anyway. The consistency of your message is what grows your following.
3. The processes that birth the outcomes that you seek may not always look logical, so let God do the planning. For example, the execution plan for eternal life was a brutal death at the cross; peace – and growth – was birthed in many heated debates… Persecution often leads to a revolution, scars keep you human, tears keep you tender. Pain births answers, and love unlocks hard people.
In your quest for peace and quiet, there are battles to fight, wars to win, struggles ahead. You’re not on the wrong path. Prizes have a price